One of my fellow bloggers, Iso, from www.nabe.kokidokom.net , recently posted a small game. The rules are as follows (taken directly from his blog)
- Each person is supposed to follow the rule of fives.You are allowed to ask 5 questions, after which you can tag up to5 bloggers by hyper-linking to their blog; 5 questions because it’s not too many to flood another blogger and occupy too much of his/her time, but yet a large enough number to ask your most important questions, and 5 bloggers to avoid spamming. Hence, prioritize your questions, and who you wish to ask!
- Those tagged are obliged to answer the questions in a blog post, and after which, they are entitled to create their own 5 questions and tag 5 other bloggers, so on and so fourth. You should answer your own 5 questions as well. You are allowed to tag the person that tagged you in the first place. Also, copy and paste this section on your blog so others can understand how the game goes.
- In the case where a blogger strongly refuses to answer a question, he/she must instead post a nice anime image, wallpaper or cosplay picture, et cetera in response to that question.
- To make things interesting, a blogger can include wildcards in his/her 5 questions by placing an asterisk, (*), after which those tagged are obliged to reveal something interesting about themselves that others did not previously know. There is no limit to the number of asterisks one can place (which means there can be up to 5 wildcard questions).
- Anyone can feel free to start the game; you don’t necessarily need someone to tag you. Just create your 5 questions and tag your 5 people of choice. However, the catch is that you must answer your own 5 questions as well.
- To potentially prevent an endless game, this round of games will end on the 8th September 2012, 12pm JST (GMT +9). After which, no more bloggers can tag others to answer their questions.
So let’s get to his questions!
1. What is/are your favourite anime(s)? Why?
My favorite anime would have to be Cardcaptor Sakura. If you listen to any podcast I have done then you know I try to name drop Miss.Kinomoto any time I can. It was the first anime that truly captured my attention and pulled me into the world of anime. You could say I was a bit effeminate as young boy, but the magic, mini skirts and touch of romance were a seductive combination that pulled me in. Thank you WB for licensing and airing such a great show.
2. What is/are your favourite anisongs?
My favorite anisong would have to be the Onegai Twins OP and the Shuffle OP. While both shows are not at the top of my favorite anime list, I keep coming back to these tunes.
3. Do you like Vocaloid? If so, who is/are your favourites? And your favourite song(s) is/are? If not, why?
Yes I do like vocaloid, but I am not a fanboy in the least. My favorite Vocaloid would have to be Megurine Luka and my favorite song is Magnet featuring Hatsune Miku. That song.
4. Have you ever been to Japan? If yes, please share your experience. If no, where would you go if you had a chance to visit Japan?
No I haven’t gone but I would love to go sometime! Hopefully in the future!
5. What are your hobbies outside of anything related to anime, manga, visual novels and blogging?
Well I love to play video games and write poetry. Both have been long term hobbies for me.
Now for my five questions:
1. What was the first anime you have ever watched? How do you think you would review it now?
2. Which novel or videogame would you like to see adapted into an anime?
3. If you could be a Pokemon, which one would you be?
4. What is the most important thing you want to communicate to your audience?
5. How do you feel about anime elitism? (Trying to find every fault within an anime).
Well now to answer my own questions! Wow this is a lot of hard work Iso… I don’t think I can forgive you for tagging me!
1. The first anime I truly watched was probably Dragon Ball Z on Toonami. Since then I have watched a ton of great shounen anime such as Yu Yu Hakusho. If I were to rank it now it would probably be in my Top 200 at least!
2. I would love to see Final Fantasy Tactics adapted into an anime! The world is immersive and the characters are engaging. It would at least have to run for 4 cours if not more to truly capture it’s ‘epicness’.
3. I would be a Ninetails, because nine tails are better than one!
4. The most important thing I want to communicate to my audience is that anime like all other forms of media is an art form and we shouldn’t be ashamed to appreciate the finer aspects of our beloved genre.
5. Absolutely hate it! If you have nothing nice to say about any show then why watch it in the first place? When I talk to someone about something I love so much I want them to show a similar amount of enthusiasm about it especially if they blog about it!
The authors I am tagging are:
- TWWK from http://beneaththetangles.wordpress.com/
- Commader Obvious from http://commandoanime.wordpress.com/
- Thatredsky from http://mystoryyourbeats.wordpress.com/
- Avvesione from http://avvesione.wordpress.com/
- Kevo-jiichan from http://kevo.dasaku.net/